Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
What is HBOT?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (also known as HBOT) is a proven, reliable treatment recognized by the American Medical Association. It enhances the body’s natural healing processes by providing the body with up to 200% the amount of oxygen.
About Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
By combining increased atmospheric pressure and high dose oxygen, the body can absorb significantly more oxygen than breathing under normal pressure. This “hyperoxygenation” helps stimulate the release of growth factors and stem cells, creates angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels) and promotes healing up to 50% faster and supercharges collagen production for healthy youthful looking skin.
What are the benefits?
Medical studies show that Oxygen (O2) combined with increased atmospheric pressure provides powerful benefits:
- Delivers up to 20 times more oxygen directly to tissue
- Can speed healing and recovery up to 50% faster
- Increases collagen production for healthy, youthful skin
- Supports scar tissue rehabilitation
- Decreases swelling & inflammation throughout your entire Body
- Creates Angiogenesis (building of new red blood cells)
- Stimulates production of stem cells
- Promotes increased cognition and healthy brain function
- Stimulates brain and nerve cell recovery
- Can improve bone regeneration
- Increases the body’s ability to fight infection
- Boosts Immune system function
- Potentiates use of Antibiotics
- Helps clear toxins and impact of anesthesia
- Destroys harmful bacteria (antimicrobial)
- Provides systemic benefits for your whole body
What is the experience?
The HBOT treatment (known as a dive), is scheduled for an hour inside a glass Hyperbaric Chamber while breathing high dose oxygen. Typically, the client is under pressure for at least 55 minutes. For some specific protocols, the session will run 1.5 hours with around 1 hour and 25 minutes under pressure. O2 Health Lab uses only Medical Grade FDA Approved Chambers where studies show proven outcomes. While in the Chamber, one wears a mask breathing high dose oxygen while relaxing and watching TV for a Zen comfortable experience.
For those who might be uncomfortable in the small space, our laydown chambers offer clear glass, and our team is highly trained to provide a process that makes our clients feel more comfortable and able to complete their sessions. Be sure and let us know in advance if you feel you may experience any anxiety.
How many sessions do I need?
For most individuals to attain a positive outcome, a minimum of 5 sessions is highly recommended. For major shifts to begin, studies show that at least 10 sessions are more beneficial. Depending the circumstances, some individuals may require 10, 20, 40, or 80 sessions or more based upon on their condition or goals. We highly discourage the purchase of a single session, as most likely the desired result will not be achieved.
How can HBOT help?
Learn more about Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy